• Do I need to get my documents notarized before sending them to you? >

    No, please don’t get your documents notarized anywhere – that is part of our process.

    Read More
  • Does your process include Chinese/UAE Embassy authentication? >

    Yes, our process includes notarization, state authentication, department of state authentication (if necessary), and embassy authentication.

    Read More
  • What role do I play in the TN authentication process? >

    Just fill out the order form, mail us the original of each document, and email us a scan of your passport. We take care of everything else!

    Teaching Nomad

    1660 S. Albion St., Suite 826,

    Denver, CO, 80222

    Read More
  • What if my documents are from different states/countries? >

    It doesn’t matter! We can authenticate documents from anywhere as long as you hold a U.S. passport.

    Read More
  • How long does authentication take? >

    The typical time frame is between 2-3 weeks for the entire process. Once we receive the documents back from the Chinese consulate, we will e-mail you scanned copies of everything and mail it all back to you. These scans can then be forwarded to your employer, and you'll be on your way to getting your work permit!

    Read More
  • I need a background check, what do I do? >

    If you’re living abroad, check with your school to see if they want you to get a background check from where you’re currently living or one from the U.S.

    If they want one from the U.S., we can run one and authenticate it for you.

    Read More
  • What kind of background check will Teaching Nomad run for me? >

    If you order through us, we will run a national check, and then a state level check. The consulate has requested that we get the state level check authenticated, rather than the national one.

    The state level check that we run is accepted all across China, and it works for candidates that are from any state.

    Read More
  • Do I need to get an FBI background check? >

    Unless where you’re going specifically requires it, you don’t need an FBI check. It costs more and takes longer to get authenticated. Most people just need a local or state level check, which we can provide.

    Read More
  • What happens after my documents are authenticated? >

    Typically, you’ll send scans of your documents to your school who will apply for your work permit, and then you will use that to apply for your z-visa. Learn more here.

    Read More
  • What if I want to authenticate my documents myself? >

    You can do this if you live very close to the consulate that has jurisdiction over your state. You must take your documents to the consulate in person, so if this is not feasible, doing it on your own is a huge hassle, and it gets very expensive.

    If you live overseas, you will not be able to authenticate your documents on your own unless a family member lives right by the consulate that you’d have to use.

    Read More
  • Why do I have to get my documents authenticated? >

    Authentication is required to get a work visa in China and the UAE to make sure that your documents are real and that they belong to you.

    Read More
  • 1

Teaching Nomad is your connection to teaching in Asia & The Middle East! We are a western owned and operated teacher placement agency with offices in Denver & Shanghai. We take a lot of pride in connecting teachers with great teaching opportunities.


Contact Us

   Kangding Road No.1018, Third Floor, Suite 306 Shanghai, Prc

   1660 S.Albion St. Suite 826, Denver,CO USA

 (+86) 21 8025 3905

 (+1) 720 531 6136




Recover your password

Send us your email and we will send you instructions to reset your password

If you remember your password

*Required fileds