Teaching both sections of the SAT, ACT and at least 1 AP high school review class.
Teaching hours during the normal school year are quite light with the majority of classes on Saturday & Sunday. Throughout the summer there are many more classes to teach and significant overtime is available. This could mean the opportunity to add an additional 10,000RMB/month to your regular salary (+/-).
Start date: Rolling start dates
Contract length: 1 year
Schedule: Evenings & Weekends (max 5 days per week with consecutive days off)
Essential duties and responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Teach classes of at least 10 students / class
- Provide tutoring for assigned individuals
- Approx. 20~25 teaching hours / week (not including prep time)
- Lesson planning, keeping track of students’ progress in class via progress reports and uploading student grades to the online system
- Providing guidance for students during work time
- Help to develop additional strategies for improving students’ performance
- Student progress conference evaluation and assessment
- Training other teachers
- Performing other duties as needed
- Salary of 17- 20K RMB/month
- Legal work visa
- Health insurance
- 2 weeks accommodation upon arrival
- Assistance in finding housing provided outside of Shanghai. For assistance in Shanghai, contact your TN placement consultant for house hunting recommendations (it's quite easy).
- BA Degree or above
- Previous teaching experience preferred
- High SAT/ACT Scores
- Native English speaker
- Strong command of English grammar, reading comprehension, and writing
- Ability to spark intellectual curiosity in students
- A self-starter capable of thriving in a fast-paced, fluid start-up environment
- A proven team-player who can work effectively with people with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Excellent communication skills
Apply today or contact your placement consultant for more details!