Our client in Beijing is a Montessori school with students and teachers representing 34 countries globally. This truly international school fosters a nurturing and creative environment for students from Nursery through Elementary School. As Academic Director, your role will be to oversee the functioning of the whole academic department, including Admissions, Operations, and Academics.
Start date: Immediate start preferred. January 2019 start ok.
Location: Beijing, Choayang District
Type of School: Nursery, Kindergarten, and Elementary
- Manage teaching and administrative staff, including hiring and evaluations of staff
- Oversee curriculum development and implementation
- To work with Admissions in marketing events and tours of the school to promote enrollment.
- To meet with each department weekly to ensure the smooth operations of the school.
- To meet weekly and/ or as required with the Academic Coordinator to discuss events, daily happenings and the general goings on of the school to remain abreast of best practices
- Bachelor's degree or above in Early Childhood Education or related major
- Teaching/Administration license required; Montessori certification preferred
- At least 10 years of experience working with young learners, at least 5 of which in a management/administrative role
- Experience with Montessori curriculum preferred, but not required
- Excellent communication and management skills
- Base Salary: 400,000 to 600,000 RMB per year DOE
- Housing: Additional housing allowance on top of regular salary
- Airfare: One round trip airfare per calendar year
- International Medical Insurance provided
- Paid Winter and Summer Break
Apply today or contact your placement consultant for more details!