Job Summary & Responsibilities
Our client is an education center where young people are immersed in academic rigor, creative thinking, and intellectual curiosity. Founded in Hong Kong in early 2014, the school educates elementary, middle and high school students. They empower students to not only achieve academic excellence but also rise beyond grades to develop their creative confidence and personal character.
This group is not your typical training center. The center hires professional minded teachers from all over the world to provide a full and unique experience for their Hong Kong based students. 30% of the teaching staff has previously taught in International Schools. 50% of the teaching staff have degrees in education. As such, they are highly respected among the educational community of Hong Kong and have connections to many top international schools in the area.
About the position:
Plan and teach courses for Primary school age students including some of the following: Coding, robotics, engineering, mathematics, chemistry, biology, design. The school is looking for candidates who are 1) experienced in the classroom, 2) comfortable with cross-disciplinary teaching (within the STEM subjects), and 3) passionate about not only the subject content but its underlying logic and way of thinking.
- 25,000 to 40,000 HKD
- Housing allowance included in this amount
- Health insurance
- Paid holidays
- Internal and external Professional Development
- Join a dynamic and professional team at a young and innovative center
- Bachelor’s degree
- Native English speaker or near native level fluency
- At least two years of experience teaching Kindergarten to Grade 6 students (Kindergarten/elementary school), or 5-10 years of experience in the technology, engineering, or medical industry.
- Passionate about teaching and mentoring children and young people
- Demonstrated academic excellence and exemplary critical and creative thinking skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability and service experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to motivate others
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proactive; keen to take the initiative to develop curriculum and build our community
An ideal candidate will have the following;
- PGDE/PGCE/masters in education/similar qualification
- Experience in the creative arts or innovative scientific work
- Interest in curriculum design, educational research, educational technology, pedagogy, and cognitive
- Ability to connect with children and their parents
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative environment
- Willingness to learn and continue with professional development