training and experience to facilitate Southlands OSD expansion into more
schools at the high school, middle school, and especially elementary level.
Help us provide a higher level of service and accountability to a much larger
number of schools, teachers, parents, and students.
- Oversee implementation of
Southlands Elementary & Secondary programs in China
student work submissions
- Organize in
school and inter-school competitions
feedback to each bi-lingual teacher weekly regarding their students grades and
- Make recommendations regarding
adjustments to curriculum and/or teacher training based on student progress and
feedback from teachers
- Prepare training videos for teachers
- Interview expatriate teaching
- Visit 10-20 campuses for 3-4 weeks
each June, train teachers during 1-2 week trip each August. Visit campuses during two additional 3-4 week
trips each year.
- During visits train admin and teachers
in the use of Powerschool, perform class observations and evaluations, give
assessments & awards to students, and hold meetings with teachers and
- During Summer and Winter holidays
coordinate elementary ESL programs on Southlands campus with Student Services
for students in our programs.
- Assist Overseas School Division staff
in coordinating and communicating with partner schools and teachers.
- Create progress reports and
recommendations for the Overseas School Division Principal and SSI
- Leading short term teams of students
from the US to partner schools in China
- Demonstrates strong commitment to
continuous personal and school improvement.
other duties as assigned.
- Position open to all nationalities but must be fluent in Chinese
- Must be able to start work in Los Angeles in early-mid August
- Bachelor’s degree and Teaching
Certification and/or TESOL certification required.
- Two years of work experience beyond
Bachelor degree required.
- Expertise in ELL teaching and
integration with primary level classroom instruction.
- Desire to work with elementary
school-aged children; specialized training for dealing with that age group is a
- Excellent written and verbal
- Excellent computer skills. Proficiency in Microsoft software and LMS
software is a plus.
- Strong organizational ability and
the ability to meet deadlines.
- TB Clearance within the last 4 years.
- Criminal Justice fingerprint clearance.
- Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986: An Eligibility
Verification Form (I-9) will be required along with the supporting
documentation listed on the I-9 Form.
QUALITIES & PERSONAL CHARACTERISTICS:
- Must be of excellent
- Acknowledge Christ
as Savior and seek to live life as His disciple.
- Believe the Bible to
be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative, inerrant Word of God – our
standard for faith and practice.
- Believe and actively
support the school’s Statement of Faith.
- Be a Christian role
model in attitude, speech, and actions toward others (Luke 6:40). This includes being committed to God’s
biblical standards for sexual conduct.
- Sign and live by the
school’s lifestyle statement as a condition for employment and continued
employment in this ministry.
interpersonal skills and team player. The teacher recognizes that a school is one total school rather than a
collection of individual classrooms. Each teacher contributes toward a successful whole. Therefore, each teacher should relate in warm
and supportive ways with other staff members.
- Ability to get along
with diverse personalities with tact, maturity and flexibility.
- Ability to establish credibility and be
decisive – but able to recognize and support the school’s preferences and
- Must be flexible and
- Must be willing to
work overtime when needed
- Must be willing to
travel in all weather conditions by whatever means of travel will best
accomplish OSD objectives