Our client, based out of Australia, has partner schools in China
delivering Victorian Certificate of Education. This is an opportunity to work
in a Chinese school teaching VCE English as an Additional Language to
About the job
Location: Qidong, Nantong, Jiangsu province, China
The VCE is an externally examined certificate overseen by the
Victorian Government through the Victorian Curriculum and Assessment Authority (VCAA).
It is a two-year program covering Text Analysis, the Use of Persuasive Language
and Listening. The assessment requirements are listed in the Study Design
This is a teaching position within a Chinese school and the
curriculum is delivered in English to Chinese students.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in related subject
- Experience in teaching senior high school level Math and Science
- Teaching license/qualification
- Applicants must be open-minded, adaptable, and possess intercultural awareness. International experience is a plus.
- Experience with VCE is NOT required
& Benefit Package
- Base salary: 21,000 RMB/month AFTER TAX
- Health insurance provided
- Accommodation and utilities provided
- Return-trip international airfare once per year, to vary dependent on the school
- 2 year contract
- 7 days sick leave + 2 days compassionate leave annually
- Working visa
- Free meals during school days
- Paid holidays: official Chinese public holidays and normal school holidays (school holiday normally is in the month of July, August, and February)
The direct employer will be the school in China and not Firbank Grammar School, but Firbank will provide support in the delivery of the curriculum.
or contact your placement consultant for more details!