By applying to this job order, you're indicating your interest to interview in-person, in Cedar Falls, Iowa between January 31st - February 1st . This is an exclusive recruitment event and your best opportunity to be hired by Emirates National Schools.
Subjects being interviewed for include:
- Primary Homeroom
- Business studies
- English & ELA
- General Science
- Visual Arts
- Special Needs
As prerequisite to be invited for an interview, you must complete your profile with Teaching Nomad including a screening interview and supplying your employment documents. We will be contacting your references prior to the event so please be prepared to supply their contact information (current employer not necessarily required).
Interviews will be held for teachers of most subjects but candidates applying for Humanities based positions should have U.S. common core or IB curriculum experience.
About the school
Our client school group was established in 2002 and aims to provide a world class education that prepares students with the skills and knowledge to succeed in academic, personal and social endeavors and to enable them to pursue and succeed in higher education at leading academic institutions throughout the world. There are five schools within the group with locations including the Emirate of Abu Dhabi, Mohammed Bin Zayed City, Sharjah, Al Ain and Ras Al Khaimah. All schools are accredited by AdvancED and three of the schools are authorized by IBO to offer Primary Years (PYP), Middle Years (MYP) and the IB Diploma Porgrams (DP). All secondary schools offer College Board Advanced Placement classes as determined by student requests.
- Type of school: Owned by the Ministry of Presidential Affairs and attended by local students
- Age of students: Grades K-12
- This program utilizes the AP or IB curriculum depending on location
About the contract
- Contract:3 years
- Schedule: Sunday-Thursday
- Salary: 12,375-16,000 AED based on years of experience and credentials
- Furnished apartment provided and utilities covered up to 500 AED/month
- Paid vacation: Winter vacation & Summer holiday + Paid national holidays
- Visa: Work Visa provided
- Insurance provided
- Coordinators receive an additional 500-3,000 AED/month depending on curriculum and subject specialty
- IB training available
- Native English Speaker
- Middle & High School Teachers must meet one of two following requirements
- Bachelor degree in the subject being taught + a teaching license or an Education degree
- An Education degree with a specialty in the subject
- Kindergarten and primary school teachers must have a bachelor degree in Education.
- Minimum 2 years teaching experience
- Must be able to provide references to verify teaching experience
- Must be able to provide official experience letters from previous employers
- Teaching license or education component as part of degree is required