Program Manager for a test prep program in Shanghai. This role will be managing SAT/ACT test prep teachers, as well as some teaching for both sections of the SAT, ACT, and AP tests.
Teaching hours during the normal school year are quite light with the majority of classes on Saturday & Sunday. Throughout the summer there are many more classes to teach and significant overtime is available. This could mean the opportunity to add an additional 10,000RMB/month to your regular salary (+/-).
Start date: Rolling start dates
Contract length: 1 year
Schedule: Evenings & Weekends (max 5 days per week with consecutive days off)
Essential duties and responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Supervise a team of Test Prep teachers
- Assist in curriculum development for the Test Prep program
- Provide tutoring for assigned individuals
- Lesson planning, keeping track of students’ progress in class via progress reports and uploading student grades to the online system
- Providing guidance for students during work time
- Help to develop additional strategies for improving students’ performance
- Student progress conference evaluation and assessment
- Training other teachers
- Performing other duties as needed
- Salary of 25-30K RMB per month
- Legal work visa
- Health insurance
- 2 weeks accommodation upon arrival
- Assistance in finding housing provided outside of Shanghai. For assistance in Shanghai, contact your TN placement consultant for house hunting recommendations (it's quite easy).
- BA Degree or above from a top 50 United States university
- Previous test prep teaching required
- Experience in management strongly preferred
- High SAT/ACT Scores
- Native English speaker
- Strong command of English grammar, reading comprehension, and writing
- Ability to spark intellectual curiosity in students
- A self-starter capable of thriving in a fast-paced, fluid start-up environment
- A proven team-player who can work effectively with people with diverse backgrounds and experiences
- Excellent communication skills
Apply today or contact your placement consultant for more details!