About the school:
- Type of school: International department of public school
- City: Shanghai
- City information: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shanghai
About the contract:
- $34,000 - $50,000 USD total Annual package
- Bonus of 3 months salary at completion of 3 years of employment (average $10,000 USD)
- 1 year commitment
- In addition to salary and benefits, the contract offers housing on campus
- Work hours: No more than 21 - 40 minute periods.
- All teachers utilize both American and IB curriculum.
- Degree in education or teaching license/certification required
- Degree in education/relevant subject or teaching license/certification required
- IB experience is a plus, otherwise training is provided
- Single or married candidates preferred, on campus housing is not suitable for families
- Preference given to North American candidates
About the Staff:
The teaching staff includes senior Chinese teachers, expatriate teachers and Chinese teachers with overseas education. About 40% of the faculty are expatriate teachers from the US and the UK.All the teachers have excellent educational backgrounds and extensive teaching experience. More than 80% of the teachers hold Master s degrees, and over 50% of the teachers are professors, associate professors or senior teachers. The school presents teachers with the chance to expand their teaching experience and provides opportunities to participate in seminars and training courses both at home and abroad.
This International School represents an amazing opportunity to live and work abroad. With a staff of over 100 foreign teachers there is a reason why this is such a popular place to work. Combining great compensation with a wonderful life/work balance and you will probably never want to leave. The campus is one of the most beautiful in all of Shanghai and still close to popular night life, restaurants and exercise facilities. The school promotes a great environment by encouraging social activities and use of on-campus facilities like football pitch/field, running track and swimming pool. On campus housing is clean, modern and comfortable with 24 hour security and many conveniences.This School is a very well renowned in Shanghai with a long history. With fully equipped facilities, a rigorous study schedule, high morale, and exceptional education standards. The International Division was established in 1993, and it is a member school of the International Baccalaureate Organization. The main campus currently enrolls more than 2,800 international students in Grade 1 through 12, mainly from Asia but also from all other parts of the world. They offer all major subjects such as English, Mathematics, Science, PE in all grades, and IB, AP courses in Grade 11 and 12.