Type of school: Western curriculum programs operated within local Chinese High Schools
Age of students: Grades 9, 10, 11 & 12
- Schedule: Monday - Friday
- Salary: 230,000 - 340,000RMB/year
- Flight reimbursement: 1) At the time of signing the contract, a standard one-way economy class air-ticket will be provided to the new teacher 2) 12,000 RMB/year for flight reimbursements 3) After completing two consecutive years of employment, from the third year, the school will provide two return flights of 12,000 RMB per year
- Housing: Housing allowance depending on location
- Paid vacation: Winter vacation & Summer holiday (at least 9 weeks/year) + Chinese holidays paid
- Visa: Work Visa and residence permit provided
- International insurance provided
- Degree: Bachelor or above in relevant subject
- Teaching experience: 2 years of subject related high school teaching experience required
- Teaching license/credential is required for work permit
- Curriculum: A-Level AND IB teaching experience strongly preferred
- Nationality: Native English Speaker from US, Canada, UK, Ireland, Australia, South Africa or New Zealand
- Experience teaching in China preferred
- Teaches up to 25 teaching periods per week according to
subject specifications and guidelines set by Academic Quality Manager.
- Provides CP with monthly teaching plans in
line with the Scheme of Work (SOW) supplied by AQM.
- Writes monthly student reports
- Participates in meetings with parents.
- Participates in Open Days for prospective
students and parents.
- Invigilates exams as per the arrangements made
- Advises Centre Principal and AQM regarding own
specialised subject resources required for students to optimise learning
- Writes references for students and helps them
to edit their Personal Statements for application to universities.
- Attends meetings and training sessions which
are considered necessary for staff development.
Why teach with our client:
Students: Our model, by working with highly regarded public & private high schools, offers educators a unique opportunity to teach high ability Chinese students who are eager to learn without the behaviour management issues experienced in many teaching posts. Teachers who really enjoy the depth of subject teaching required at A level, IBDP or AP level find this experience incredibly fulfilling. One of the key aims within each centre is to adequately prepare our students for successful university careers and for life overseas, in part developed through a modern, western style of teaching that encourages critical thinking, debate and application of learning. Our students, above all else, make teaching here a very special and rewarding experience.
Schools: Our partner schools have unique histories and cultures, yet common themes emerge across all of them:high standards, committed students and a belief in the all-round development of young people. From the oldest school in the world (where our A-Level centre in Chengdu is based) to the most recently developed institution, the commitment to the success of these programmes and recognition for the contribution foreign teachers make, is undoubted.These openings will go fast, apply today or contact your personal placement consultant for more information!