About Guadalajara, Mexico - The Pearl of the West
Guadalajara, known as the Pearl of the West was established in 1533 and boasts the most well preserved Historic Downtown Areas in Latin America . Trainees can witness the progressive evolution of not just the region but the entire country. In addition to a rich history, Guadalajara is known in Mexico for its food and there are also plenty of bars, night clubs and salsa dance clubs in they city. Shopping can be done in modern shopping malls, as well as traditional open air markets, known as "mercados". One of the greater advantages of Guadalajara is that it offers the best of both sides of Mexico.
- Walk-able downtown with amazing shopping
- Guadalajara Zoo
- "Tequila Express" train (Tequila, Burritos, and Mariachi bands)
- Mexican Wrestling: Lucha Libre
- Tours to Lake Chapala
- Street Art Tours
- Food and craft beer tours with locals
- Teaching experience: Experience not required. Learn all you need to know in the TEFL course!
- Nationality: Open to all nationalities
- Age: 18 - 50
- Personality: enthusiastic about working with English language learners of all levels
- Visa: TEFL Candidates will arrive on a Mexican tourist visa
About the course
- Location: "Zona Centro" - Downtown Guadalajara
- Start dates: Each month of the year
- Duration: 26 days
- Study time: 150 hours
- Teaching Practicum: 20 hours
- Guaranteed Job Placement! No Bachelors degree necessary!
A home-stay with a Mexican host family for a fee of $100 USD per week, you receive three meals a day and have your own private bedroom. Home-stays are usually 35-45 minutes bus journey from the Training Center. Guadalajara, as most metropolitan cities, has residential areas and commercial areas. Because of our privileged location in the Downtown Historical Area, we do not have host homes that are within walking distance. Our Area is mostly historical buildings, restaurants, stores, etc. We select families that live in safe, pleasant neighborhoods, with easy access to public transportation. All home-stay families have been carefully selected and their properties inspected. This option is particularly useful for those who wish to practice their Spanish.
Homestay Program includes:
- One student per family unless otherwise requested.
- Three meals per day (one packed lunch to bring with you to school).
- Begins one day prior to the beginning of the classes and concludes up to one day after classes finish.
- Students do their own laundry.
- Mexican cooking.
Inns, Hostels and Hotels:
Only a short walk from our Training Center, there are Private and shared rooms equipped with a common kitchen, and dining room conditioned ideally for having a conversation with other guests, watching cable television, or simply gliding the day with a cup of coffee, free WIFI. Continental breakfast is included in some.
The cost can vary from $1,050.00 pesos per week to $8,200.00 pesos for four weeks, depending on the type of accommodation. Please ask the price for longer stays.
Hotels Four and Five stars
Within a short walking distance , these hotels have excellent facilities on single and double rooms. They also feature a restaurant, lounge bar, room service, free Wi-Fi in rooms and public areas. The environment in all of them is very calm providing guests with a soothing ambiance. They are all in the middle of main historic and attraction sites.
Prices range from $5,986.00 pesos per week to $26,935.00 pesos for four weeks, depending on the type of accommodations.
From very good to the best available, modern one or two bedroom furnished apartments will average U.S. $550 to $1500 per month, some include a swimming pool, air conditioning and restaurant. We do not arrange roommates in apartments.
Included in your tuition:
$1495 USD Includes:
- Accredited 4 week TEFL Course.
- Guaranteed Paid Job Placement in Mexico plus lifelong EFL career guidance worldwide.
- Housing Placement Assistance.
- Student ID to get discounts around the city.
- Pre-course preparation assignments.
- ALL course materials and stationary supplies + printing and photocopying.
- 11 Specialty Certificates in competitive teaching dexterities (Each valued at $80 USD).
- Unlimited WIFI /Internet Access.
- Airport reception and transportation to your lodgings ($30 USD Value).
- Fresh coffee and tea every day.
- Graduation Party!
- Long distance phone calls.
- Working Visa Assistance upon graduation.
- 1 week of Free Spanish Lessons at the most accredited Spanish school in Mexico ($258 USD Value).