About the School
Founded in 1931, the School is one of the most prestigious middle schools in Chongqing, a southwest municipality with a population of over 30 million. The school has a long history and tradition of outstanding achievement. Directly under the supervision of Chongqing’s Department of Education, the school is comprised of six large campuses, enrolling over 10,000 students and employing approximately 600 certified faculty members.
The School is the dedicated international campus, established with a global mission in mind. In the school’s initial launch, it implemented the International Foundation Year (IFY) program, a one-year university preparatory course accredited by the Northern Consortium of the United Kingdom (NCUK), serving students with a conduit for matriculation in British and Australian universities. In 2010 and 2012, the school added the A-level and AP programs respectively, further broadening the scope of prospective universities for matriculation internationally.
- To teach EAP to Grade 10 to 12, student age group is between 16 and 18
- EAP teaching involves working with students to use English to enrich their everyday lives and get them comfortable with the English and language skills that they will experience at the University level. While similar to ESL, a greater emphasis is placed on essay writing and preparing for tests.
- To provide the best possible teaching and learning environment for the students the best possible teaching and learning environment for the students
- To facilitate the attainment of each student’s full potential and develop non-academic as well as academic skills via the teaching of the subject
- 50 min per class, around 20 classes per week, from Monday to Friday
- Class size: 25-30 students
- Bachelor degree or above with related major
- A recognized teaching qualification
- Experience with AP or A-Level curriculum preferred
- At least 2 years Experience in teaching post 16 students
- Experience of working with ESL students advantageous
- 2 months probation
Salary & Compensation Package
- Base salary (before tax) : 23,000 - 28,000 RMB/month
- Flight reimbursement: after working in the school for 1 academic year, the school offers no more than 10,000 RMB flight reimbursement
- Housing allowance: 2,000 RMB/month (enough for the area)
- Paid holidays, including summer & winter holidays, national holidays, and also Christmas
- Insurance provided
- Free meals provided