Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Schedule: Current Schedule adjusted for COVID is 7:15am - 4:15pm (normally 7:45am - 4pm)
- Locations: North Dallas, TX, USA
- Age of students: School operates K-12, this role is grades 5 & 6
Teaching 6 periods per day of Math & Science to small classes of 6-8 students. Our client is one of the top LD (learning differently) schools in the country. These bright students learn through lessons that are adapted to best suit how they learn. Rather than requiring them to learn through rigid models or curriculum.
- Act as an advisor to 10-12 students
- Supervise at least one school committee/club/activity
- Observe & participate in professional development
- Supervise students outside of classrooms
- Manage student behavior and discipline
- Evaluate students performance
- U.S. citizen/approved for work in the U.S.
- 4-year Education degree
- Teaching license/credential is preferred but if you don't have one you can earn it during your employment
- Previous experience with LD students is preferred but no requirement for SEN training
- Our client requires creative and innovative teachers that can create engaging and fun learning experiences
- 1+ years relevant experience
Compensation & Benefits Package
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Salary paid 12 months per year, with summer & winter holiday
- Comprehensive benefit package including Health, Dental, Life insurance, retirement fund match, FSA or HSA company contribution, Vision, and lunch
Our client utilizes a flexible program designed to align with the student's learning style rather than teaching a fixed curriculum. The sets them apart from other schools and develops well-rounded, lifelong learners.
Our client is an accredited LD school for bright students that learn differently operating from Kindergarten - Grade 12 with a 100% success rate for college or university acceptance.
They are accredited and a member of the National Association of Independent Schools.
Apply now or contact your placement consultant for more details!