About the Position:
Our client is seeking candidates to fill intern roles for the 2020-2021 school year. These teachers will be asked to fill multiple roles throughout the school year in the middle and upper school. In anticipation of COVID, the school is expecting that there will be classroom teachers that have to take long, unexpected absences at any given time throughout the year and these interns will be available to substitute for these classes long term as needed. Candidates for this role should be flexible and comfortable covering multiple subjects and age groups. Although the position resembles long term substituting, teachers will be contracted full-time employees with full salary and benefits.
Our client's Upper and Middle School program provide students with an excellent opportunity to grow. Its foundation is a strong academic curriculum but is balanced by an extensive and challenging program in athletics, the arts and community service. A child's Middle School experience is characterized by small classes, high standards, a faculty committed to the growth of every student and an abiding belief that the most successful learners are the most active and involved learners.
- Type of School: Independent School
- Contract: 1-year, full-time salaried employee
- Work Schedule: M-F, 8:00 - 4:30
- Location: Denver, Colorado
- Students: Grade 6 to 12
- Subjects: Math and Science
This is a full-time internship that includes:
- Responsibilities as assigned in Humanities classrooms
- Substitute Teaching
- Participation in the school's Interim program
- Opportunities to advise and coach
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- Competitive annual salary dependent on experience
- Full standard benefits
- Standard United States school paid holidays
- 2+ years of teaching experience in grades 6 to 12
- Candidates should have a background in English teaching and an interest in teaching social studies
- Bachelor's degree or higher from accredited university; degree in education preferred but not required
- Teaching license is preferred, but not required
Apply today or contract your placement consultant for more details!