Teaching Nomad is an American owned teacher recruitment and placement company with offices in Shanghai, China and Denver, Colorado. We assist new & experienced teachers with finding high quality employment in all different types of schools throughout South and East Asia, the Middle East, and a few other locations. We opened for business in March 2011 and have experienced consistent strong growth every year since.
Position available: Recruiter/placement consultant
1 - Chinese citizen for Shanghai office
1 - U.S. citizen for Denver office
As a recruiter you are our direct link to new & experienced teachers from all over the world. You directly represent Teaching Nomad, our services, our values and our professionalism.
Experienced education recruiters are welcome but we are open to hiring someone with teaching, sales, management, HR or business development experience. To us, attitude is just as important as experience. We run a high productivity workplace and expect everyone to be on the same level. This is a job for over achievers and those looking to be involved in something great with long term potential. We work as a team, keep the drama to a minimum and understand that we all depend on each other for long term success.
The ideal candidate is looking to build a company, not just work a job.
Details & Qualifications:
- Full time+ position. 5 days per week
- Minimum 1 year contract but really interested in long term employees
- BA degree or above (for work visa in Shanghai)
- Business casual work attire
- 2+ years’ post grad work experience required for visa (Shanghai). Ideal sectors include education recruitment, general recruitment, teaching, sales, HR or business development
Responsibilities/requirements, including but not limited to:
- Full recruiting cycle including: initial contact, interviewing, screening, job match and send out
- Recruiting will be done through a combination of leads provided by the company and self-generated
- Must become knowledgeable of the teaching environment in China and be able to intelligently inform new candidates
- Work with school account manager to fill openings, identify needed openings
- Report to office Director regarding weekly/monthly production and progress
- Contribution to company blog and marketing materials as needed
- Capable of using sophisticated applicant tracking software (will train)
- Comfortable with windows OS, Microsoft office suite and can type quickly
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Highly productive and focused
- Salary + commission & bonuses with no cap on your earnings
- Paid vacation time and local holidays
- Legal work visa & residence permit (Shanghai)
- More benefits with seniority and company growth
- Fully paid health coverage