Vietnam Legalization Process


If you're headed over to Vietnam to teach, you'll need to complete the document authentication/legalization process for some of your teaching documents.

The most common documents that will need to be legalized are your diploma, TEFL certificate, and background check. Be sure to ask your school which documents you'll need to legalize before beginning the process to make sure that you get everything taken care of correctly and in a timely manner.

After you have spoken with a representative from your new school, the first thing you'll need to do is get a background check. You will also need to discuss which type of background check you need with your HR representative - national or state/local level.

Step 1: How to get your background check for Vietnam


Step 2: Get your documents legalized for Vietnam

After you've checked with your school to ensure that you're getting all of the proper documents legalized, you'll need to go through the following steps.



If you're a U.S. citizen or have documents from the U.S. and you decide to place an order for document legalization through us, Teaching Nomad will complete the entire process for you. After this, you'll be well on your way to teaching in Vietnam!

Order document legalization



Teaching Nomad is your connection to teaching in Asia & The Middle East! We are a western owned and operated teacher placement agency with offices in Denver & Shanghai. We take a lot of pride in connecting teachers with great teaching opportunities.


Contact Us

  North Zhongshan Road No. 2000, Zhongqi Bldg., Suite 2501, Putuo District, Shanghai, PRC 200063

  3401 Quebec Street, Suite 9150, Denver, Colorado, 80207

 (+86) 21-8025-3905

 (+1) 720-531-6136

Authentications Hours:
8am - 5pm MST
Monday - Friday



Recover your password

Send us your email and we will send you instructions to reset your password

If you remember your password

*Required fileds