Traveling and living abroad can mean different things to all of us. Here’s what living in Shanghai means to me!
- It’s different to anywhere I’ve been before and each day I am still astounded by the scenery and its beauty!
- I am living a life that is culturally different. It can be easy in times of difficulty to resort to habits I may have had when back home, so I make a conscious effort to embrace the culture here.
- I am able to travel pretty much anywhere!! Transport is easy and cheap to use, so exploring is a must.
- I appreciate the little things that I never noticed back home, but equally I value the new things here that I actually prefer.
- I am challenging myself each day. Whether it be trying to use some Chinese phrases I’ve learnt, or finding which exit of the metro I need.
- Everyone is/was in the same position as you are. I am never afraid of things I don’t know now because everyone has been there and people are always happy to help.
- I am always learning and growing. For me, being in a different environment every day opens up my knowledge and understanding of life in general which is really nice.
- I value family and relationships more than ever.
- I get to meet new people who have come from all different walks of life, and on the odd occasion meet some who may have been just a town away when I lived back home.
- Finally, traveling is memories made that I will treasure for the rest of my life.
Associate Placement Consultant at Teaching Nomad
About our company: Teaching Nomad is an American owned and operated education recruitment company based in Shanghai, China. Our goal and purpose is to help great teachers find great teaching jobs. Year round, we have hundreds of teaching job vacancies. Whether your goal is to be an ESL teacher or teach in an international school, we have a teaching job for you. You can browse jobs online at www.teachingnomad.com/job-search for the latest job openings. Teaching Nomad is here to make teaching in China easier, so please feel free to reach out and contact us with any questions or inquiries!