Earn your TEFL certificate in Phnom Penh, Cambodia!
About our classroom TEFL course in Phnom Penh, Cambodia:
Learn everything you need to become a great ESL instructor in Cambodia!
Get in touch with us to get all of the details regarding Covid-19 and this course including any necessary quarantine information.
About the location
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
- The TEFL course takes place in Phnom Penh, the vibrant and exciting capital of Cambodia.
- Phnom Penh is a popular tourist destination due to its history, palaces, and museums.
- Phnom Penh is a popular teaching destination, so you’re bound to find other foreign teachers outside of the course itself.
- Earning your TEFL certificate in Cambodia will allow you to travel around south Asia easily, as well as change local students’ lives!
About the program
- Option 1: 4-week-long, 150-hour TEFL course
- Option 2: If you’re already TEFL certified; 9 days cultural immersion with job placement
- Expect to be in class the majority of the day during the week (Monday-Friday).
- Classes will be run with local students to ensure that you get the hang of teaching English to non-native speakers.
- You’ll get to participate in 14 hours of observed teaching practice.
- You’ll learn from excellent TEFL trainers who are ready to help you reach your full potential in the classroom.
Finding a TEFL job
- Graduates receive full job placement assistance.
- You’ll be able to speak with TEFL coordinators to figure out job details.
- You will have free time on the weekends while taking the TEFL course, so you can get an idea of the area that you’d like to teach in after you complete the course.
- The demand for English teachers in Cambodia is high, so finding a job should be no trouble at all.
Phnom Penh TEFL course dates
Private hotel accommodation including a daily breakfast is included in the price of the course.
Get hired at course completion
Entering an in-class TEFL comes with many great benefits, one being job placement assistance! Job placements can take up to 14 days for recent graduates. Yes – a job in just 2 weeks! Inexperienced teachers earn, on average, between 900 – 1,200 USD per month (up to $2,400 for degree holders), allowing you to live comfortably, and be able to travel.
All trainers have been where you are today. Trust you will have the guidance, all questions answered, and excellent support from the course team. You’ll never feel alone!
What’s better is that there are no obligations! Complete your course, have time to explore, then find a job at your time.
Private schools or ESL academies
Private, middle, and high schools are the best options for foreign teachers in Cambodia, as they are the most common and hire all-year-round. Private schools typically convene from 8am – 4pm, with a lunch break in between. Having a TEFL certificate or years of experience can have you earn a few hundreds more.
Do you prefer exploring during the day and working nights? A private ESL academy might be the option for you. Earn the same, but have the opportunity to work with a wider age group, ranging from kids, to adults.
About Phnom Penh – things to do and see
Phnom Penh is the vibrant and bustling capital of Cambodia. Like many Asian cities Phnom Penh is growing rapidly but still maintains it’s charm and tranquility. From the banks of the Mekong river, to the spires of the Royal Palace, there are many attractions both in and outside of the city. From the history, to the hip food and bar scene, the city offers something for everyone.
Visit the local restaurants and street markets to try new foods, and check out the nearby temples, lakes, gardens, and other historical spots!
What course alumni have to say
Thank you for your wonderful guidelines on how to teach children English. I learned a great deal about all of the important fundamentals. I feel very prepared to teach English to a variety of types of learners. I feel confident in being able to help others to progress in learning English as I have progressed in learning to teach English. I would recommend this program to anyone interested in being a good TEFL teacher in another country or in your own respective country for that matter. Thank you!
The experience was unique because it was something I’d never done before and I wasn’t too sure what I was getting myself into! Therefore this was a good opportunity to learn something new and see if it was for me.
The course was very informative, inspiring and insightful. It stimulated my intellect and shaped my role as an educator. I now have knowledge about classroom management. I gained vast knowledge about learning theories and how to incorporate the elements from different theories into my lesson plan.
Teacher certification blogs
There are big differences between adults learners and young learners in the ESL classroom. Make sure you understand those differences before you decide which age group you want to teach.
Thailand is full of amazing experiences just waiting to be discovered, making it an incredibly popular tourist and teaching destination.
There are many obvious as well as not-so-obvious benefits of earning a TEFL certificate before moving abroad to teach. On the fence about starting a TEFL course? Check out some of the most important benefits that a TEFL certificate will give you!