Earn your TEFL certificate in Heredia, Costa Rica!
About the location
Heredia, Costa Rica
- The TEFL course takes place in Heredia, which is right in the center of Costa Rica.
- Many of the TEFL jobs you’ll find in Costa Rica will be located in Heredia, San José, and Cartago.
- Heredia is a charming, safe city with plenty of nearby activities to keep you entertained on the weekends.
- Heredia has been nicknamed “The City of Flowers”, and it’s surrounded by beautiful landscapes.
- The weather is often very mild, and you won’t be too far from San José, the capital of Costa Rica.
About the program
- It’s a 4 week-long TEFL course.
- Expect to be in class from 8:30 am – 5:30 pm with adequate breaks Monday-Friday.
- You’ll have free time on the weekends to explore Costa Rica.
- You’ll receive job placement assistance within Costa Rica after completing the course.
- You’ll work with class sizes of 14-22 students.
- You’ll get to participate in 20 hours of teaching practice to prepare you for your teaching career.
- You’ll learn from excellent TEFL trainers who are ready to help you reach your full potential in the classroom.
Finding a TEFL job
*B.A. is not required for job placement support*
- All graduates receive job placement assistance and usually end up making about $800 a month.
- You’ll also receive lifetime job support from qualified advisors.
- You will have free time on the weekends while taking the TEFL course, so you can get an idea of the area that you’d like to teach in after you complete the course.
- The demand for English teachers in Costa Rica is high, so it won’t be difficult to find a teaching job.
Heredia TEFL course dates
Housing is not included in the $1799 price, but once you enroll in the course, a course director will assist you with finding accommodation during your stay in Costa Rica. They know the area well and will be able to help you find what you’re looking for!
Home-stay: $350-$450 for 30 days (includes laundry, 3 meals per day, and wifi)
Independent housing: if you choose to find your own housing, prices will vary and you will need to book it on your own.
About Heredia – things to do and see
This TEFL course takes place in Heredia, Costa Rica, which is about 10 km north of Costa Rica’s capital, San José. The National University of Costa Rica is also nearby, which is a hub for foreign students.
Nearby attractions & things to do: visit Barva Volcano, Monte Campana Adventure Park, coffee shops, malls, etc.
What course alumni have to say
Thank you for your wonderful guidelines on how to teach children English. I learned a great deal about all of the important fundamentals. I feel very prepared to teach English to a variety of types of learners. I feel confident in being able to help others to progress in learning English as I have progressed in learning to teach English. I would recommend this program to anyone interested in being a good TEFL teacher in another country or in your own respective country for that matter. Thank you!
The experience was unique because it was something I’d never done before and I wasn’t too sure what I was getting myself into! Therefore this was a good opportunity to learn something new and see if it was for me.
The course was very informative, inspiring and insightful. It stimulated my intellect and shaped my role as an educator. I now have knowledge about classroom management. I gained vast knowledge about learning theories and how to incorporate the elements from different theories into my lesson plan.
Teacher certification blogs
Welcome to “Unlock Your Teaching Journey: A Guide to Entering the International Baccalaureate (IB) World” – your go-to resource for embarking on a fulfilling career in IB education
There are big differences between adults learners and young learners in the ESL classroom. Make sure you understand those differences before you decide which age group you want to teach.
Thailand is full of amazing experiences just waiting to be discovered, making it an incredibly popular tourist and teaching destination.