Earn your TEFL certificate in Yangon, Myanmar!
About the location
- The TEFL course takes place in the largest city in Myanmar, which is now called Yangon.
- Yangon has a beautiful mixture of modern architecture and traditional culture that you’ll get to learn about while taking the TEFL course.
- Yangon is a popular teaching destination, and there are plenty of TEFL jobs awaiting you.
- In Yangon, you’ll have immediate access to many different kinds of restaurants and attractions, so you’ll never be bored!
About the program
- It’s a 4 week-long, 120-hour TEFL course.
- Expect to be in class the majority of the day during the week (Monday-Friday).
- You’ll have free time on the weekends to explore Myanmar.
- You’ll receive guaranteed job placement in Myanmar after completing the course.
- You’ll get to participate in 2 days of teaching practice with local students to prepare you for your teaching career.
- You’ll learn from excellent TEFL trainers who are ready to help you reach your full potential in the classroom.
Finding a TEFL job
*B.A. is not required for job placement support.*
- All graduates receive guaranteed job placement.
- You’ll be able to speak with TEFL course advisors to find the right job for you.
- You will have free time on the weekends while taking the TEFL course, so you can get an idea of the area that you’d like to teach in after you complete the course.
- The demand for English teachers in Myanmar is high, so it won’t be difficult to find a teaching job.
Yangon TEFL course dates
Shared accommodation is included in the $1749 price. There are private options as well, they just aren’t included in the price.
Shared accommodation: The shared accommodation option will either be two separate beds in the same room or bunks.
Private room: You do have the option of choosing a private room with a shared living space for $150 USD a month. Extra nights will be $10 USD a night.
Independent housing: If you choose to find your own housing, prices will vary and you will need to book it on your own.
*The housing options offered are a 15 – 20-minute walk to the TEFL center in Yangon.*
About Yangon- things to do and see
This TEFL course is taught in Yangon, Myanmar. This iconic city is filled with restaurants, bars, shops, and anything else you can think of. No matter what you need, you’ll be able to find it with relative ease.
Nearby attractions & things to do: visit Shwedagon Paya, Secretariat, Chaukhtatgyi Paya, Kandawgyi Lake, and Bagan! There are many other historic attractions and fun things to do all around Yangon, plus you can easily head over to a nearby country like Thailand, Laos, Vietnam, China, and India for a completely different cultural experience.
What course alumni have to say
Thank you for your wonderful guidelines on how to teach children English. I learned a great deal about all of the important fundamentals. I feel very prepared to teach English to a variety of types of learners. I feel confident in being able to help others to progress in learning English as I have progressed in learning to teach English. I would recommend this program to anyone interested in being a good TEFL teacher in another country or in your own respective country for that matter. Thank you!
The experience was unique because it was something I’d never done before and I wasn’t too sure what I was getting myself into! Therefore this was a good opportunity to learn something new and see if it was for me.
The course was very informative, inspiring and insightful. It stimulated my intellect and shaped my role as an educator. I now have knowledge about classroom management. I gained vast knowledge about learning theories and how to incorporate the elements from different theories into my lesson plan.
Teacher certification blogs
Welcome to “Unlock Your Teaching Journey: A Guide to Entering the International Baccalaureate (IB) World” – your go-to resource for embarking on a fulfilling career in IB education
There are big differences between adults learners and young learners in the ESL classroom. Make sure you understand those differences before you decide which age group you want to teach.
Thailand is full of amazing experiences just waiting to be discovered, making it an incredibly popular tourist and teaching destination.