Teaching Nomad University Ambassador
As one of the leading Teach Abroad company’s globally, TN is looking for a couple dynamic people to represent what we stand for at your local University.
Founded in 2011 by an American entrepreneur on the basis of connecting great teachers with great schools in Asia. Teaching Nomad has grown into the one of the leading teach abroad placement and teacher training company’s in the world.
We primarily offer two things:
• Teach abroad placement for beginner, experienced & professionally trained teachers
• TEFL teacher training both online and in-class courses in Shanghai
Our mission is to:
• Improve the global teach abroad industry
• Help others have amazing experiences abroad
We improve the global teach abroad environment by providing teachers with jobs in schools they can trust, believe in and enjoy working at. In turn, we will provide schools with committed, excited teachers that will always maintain the highest standards of learning. In facilitating successful placements, we are changing lives by helping others to experience global travel and bridge cross-cultural awareness.
Who are TN Ambassadors?
They are excited and passionate about education and life abroad. As a TN Ambassador you will be your campus’s main source of information regarding TN. You will promote our services, promote benefits of teaching abroad, host events, develop original content, and gain experience for working remotely.
More than likely you plan to teach abroad after graduation yourself! As a TN Ambassador you’ll have the opportunity to earn free intl. travel and a free month long teacher training course in Shanghai!
Majors range from Education to Business. Ambassadors have the opportunity to gain real work experience, develop international contacts and references, build their leadership and campus presence.
• Sophomore at minimum
• Be involved in campus activities
• No experience needed
• Preferred Majors: Foreign language, education, all subject teachers, business majors
• Ability to think outside the box and take responsibility for results
Each Month, each Intern/ Campus ambassador will have to complete the following:
1. Host an informational session or booth on campus
2. Create your own guerrilla marketing campaign
3. Create original content in the form of blogs or journals, 2-3 times a month, minimum of 500 words
4. Takeover our social media channels days at a time
5. Speak in front of class and group student organizations discussing teaching abroad opportunities/benefits
Each Rep will have the opportunity to sign up for 1 or 2 semesters.
1. Free in-class TEFL course in Shanghai ($1,699 value)
2. Earn hundreds or even thousands of dollars in airline travel vouchers based on performance
3. Priority teach abroad job placement after graduation
4. Letter of recommendation for work experience
5. An opportunity to gain real world experience working remotely while developing your leadership, communication, and marketing skills
6. Build real contacts with an international company
Training and Learning: 2-3 sessions
1. Sessions will introduce each rep to the history of Teaching Nomad (what makes us successful), the growth of global education and its effects on the global economy, the demand for American teachers, potential career paths, countries where teaching abroad is available and more.
2. Each Rep/ ambassador will be taught strategies for conducting marketing events, content marketing, social media marketing, lead generation, offline to online (O-to-O) marketing.