Earn your TEFL certificate in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam!
About the location
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- The TEFL course takes place in Ho Chi Minh City, which is in the Go Vap District.
- Most of Vietnam’s teaching jobs will be in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City.
- Ho Chi Minh is popular with tourists, and there are plenty of nearby expat-friendly activities to keep you entertained on the weekends.
- The TESOL training center is located in the Ba Dinh District, which is close to the city’s famous Old Quarter.
- The weather is often very mild, and there are many outdoor activities that you can partake in year-round.
- You’ll get a free welcome party and a city tour the weekend before the course begins.
About the program
- Option 1: 4-week (23 days) long, 150-hour TEFL course
- Option 2: If you’re already TEFL certified; 9 days cultural immersion with job placement
- Expect to be in class the majority of the day during the week (Monday-Friday).
- Classes will be run with local students to ensure that you get the hang of teaching English to non-native speakers.
- You’ll get to participate in 14 hours of observed teaching practice.
- You’ll learn from excellent TEFL trainers who are ready to help you reach your full potential in the classroom.
Finding a TEFL job
- Graduates receive job placement assistance.
- Our TEFL graduates usually end up making somewhere between $1,350 – $1,800 USD per month.
- With the low cost of living in Vietnam, teachers can save a decent amount of money (close to half of their net salaries).
- You will have free time on the weekends while taking the TEFL course, so you can get an idea of the area that you’d like to teach in after you complete the course.
- We work with schools throughout Vietnam and will have many job placement options for you.
Ho Chi Minh City TEFL course dates
There’s no doubt about it, teaching English in Vietnam is a wise career move. The demand for dynamic, qualified English language teachers is extremely high.
All of the TESOL/TEFL trainers have been where you are now and understand where you want to go. Moreover, there are specialized staff members based at each training location that will work with you to find your perfect teaching job in Vietnam. Over the past 10 years there has been great success placing graduates of the TESOL/TEFL course in paid employment, mostly within 14 days of completing the study program.
About Ho Chi Minh City – things to do and see
Ho Chi Minh City, commonly referred to as Saigon, is Vietnam’s largest metropolis. Ho Chi Minh City is a bustling and vibrant city with thousands of people and motorbikes filling the streets each day. The TEFL Course is located north of the Tan Son Nhat International Airport, in a quiet suburban area known as the Gò Vấp District. Candidates will be immersed in a relaxed residential area filled with delicious restaurants and comfortable bars. Gò Vấp has a large market where you can shop at prices much lower than the Bến Thành Market downtown. While the TEFL course will take a large amount of your time during the 4-week course, there will be opportunities to go out and socialize while exploring the city with your classmates. Taxis are cheap and can get you downtown in 25 minutes.
- Ben Thanh Market
- Cu Chi Tunnels
- Reunification Palace
- War Remnants Museum
- Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica of Saigon
What course alumni have to say
Thank you for your wonderful guidelines on how to teach children English. I learned a great deal about all of the important fundamentals. I feel very prepared to teach English to a variety of types of learners. I feel confident in being able to help others to progress in learning English as I have progressed in learning to teach English. I would recommend this program to anyone interested in being a good TEFL teacher in another country or in your own respective country for that matter. Thank you!
The experience was unique because it was something I’d never done before and I wasn’t too sure what I was getting myself into! Therefore this was a good opportunity to learn something new and see if it was for me.
The course was very informative, inspiring and insightful. It stimulated my intellect and shaped my role as an educator. I now have knowledge about classroom management. I gained vast knowledge about learning theories and how to incorporate the elements from different theories into my lesson plan.
Teacher certification blogs
Welcome to “Unlock Your Teaching Journey: A Guide to Entering the International Baccalaureate (IB) World” – your go-to resource for embarking on a fulfilling career in IB education
There are big differences between adults learners and young learners in the ESL classroom. Make sure you understand those differences before you decide which age group you want to teach.
Thailand is full of amazing experiences just waiting to be discovered, making it an incredibly popular tourist and teaching destination.