Earn your TEFL certificate in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam!
About the classroom TEFL course in Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam:
Earn your TEFL certificate in Ho Chi Minh City, and start teaching ESL in Vietnam right after the course ends!
Get in touch with us to get all of the details regarding Covid-19 and this course including any necessary quarantine information.
About the location
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
- The TEFL course takes place in Ho Chi Minh City, which is in the Go Vap District.
- Most of Vietnam’s teaching jobs will be in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City.
- Ho Chi Minh is popular with tourists, and there are plenty of nearby expat-friendly activities to keep you entertained on the weekends.
- The TESOL training center is located in the Ba Dinh District, which is close to the city’s famous Old Quarter.
- The weather is often very mild, and there are many outdoor activities that you can partake in year-round.
- You’ll get a free welcome party and a city tour the weekend before the course begins.
About the program
Two options to choose from:
- Option one: 3-week-long, 150-hour TEFL course–the first 2 weeks are online while you complete your quarantine in a hotel in-country, and the last week is in the classroom.
- You’ll get hours of teaching practice with local students.
- The final week of the course will be centered around assessments and the job search process.
- Option two: Complete your TEFL course through our 120 HR online self-paced course and arrive in Vietnam with job placement already secured.
Finding a TEFL job
- Graduates receive job placement assistance.
- TEFL graduates usually end up making somewhere between $1,200-$1,800 USD per month.
- With the low cost of living in Vietnam, teachers can save a decent amount of money.
- You will have free time on the weekends while taking the TEFL course, so you can get an idea of the area that you’d like to teach in after you complete the course.
- We work with schools throughout Vietnam and will have many job placement options for you.
Ho Chi Minh City TEFL course dates
April 16 - May 11Sign Up
May 14 - June 8Sign Up
June 11 - July 16Sign Up
July 9 - August 3Sign Up
August 6 - August 31Sign Up
September 3 - September 28Sign Up
October 1 - October 26Sign Up
October 29 - November 23Sign Up
November 26 - December 21Sign Up
The TEFL course offers shared accommodation for the week that you’re completing the in-class portion of the course.
*During the COVID-19 pandemic you’ll need to quarantine upon arrival to Vietnam. The cost for this is around $1,000 USD and is not included in the course fee.
There’s no doubt about it, teaching English in Vietnam is a wise career move. The demand for dynamic, qualified English language teachers is extremely high. So high, that there is guaranteed employment to graduates of this TESOL/TEFL course held in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City.
All of the TESOL/TEFL trainers have been where you are now and understand where you want to go. Moreover, there are specialized staff members based at each training location that will work with you to find your perfect teaching job in Vietnam. Over the past 10 years there has been great success placing graduates of the TESOL/TEFL course in paid employment, mostly within 14 days of completing the study program.
Job placement is guaranteed for native English speakers and non-native English speakers with an English proficiency exam score equivalent to C1 on the (CEFR) prior to arrival in Vietnam and lifetime job guidance advice online and worldwide.
So, what is the bottom line?
Typically, English teaching jobs in Vietnam allow TESOL/TEFL graduates to take home somewhere between $1,200 and $1,800 USD per month, depending on where the teacher works, how many hours they work, and the availability of non-income benefits such as accommodation, transport and free utilities. Most employers quote and pay a net salary and then deal with the local Taxation Department on the teacher’s behalf.
With the cost of living in Vietnam being a fraction of what it is in most developed countries, English language teachers in this part of the world can realistically expect to save at least half of their income without cutting corners. Teaching English as a second language certainly provides stable, ongoing employment, pays a decent income and allows for an excellent lifestyle.
About Ho Chi Minh City – things to do and see
Ho Chi Minh City, commonly referred to as Saigon, is Vietnam’s largest metropolis. Ho Chi Minh City is a bustling and vibrant city with thousands of people and motorbikes filling the streets each day. The TEFL Course is located north of the Tan Son Nhat International Airport, in a quiet suburban area known as the Gò Vấp District. Candidates will be immersed in a relaxed residential area filled with delicious restaurants and comfortable bars. Gò Vấp has a large market where you can shop at prices much lower than the Bến Thành Market downtown. While the TEFL course will take a large amount of your time during the 4-week course, there will be opportunities to go out and socialize while exploring the city with your classmates. Taxis are cheap and can get you downtown in 25 minutes.
- Ben Thanh Market
- Cu Chi Tunnels
- Reunification Palace
- War Remnants Museum
- Notre-Dame Cathedral Basilica of Saigon
$1,798 Includes everything for the 3-week course
- The 3-week TESOL/TEFL course (Australian Government accredited, internationally recognized)
- Complimentary accommodation (a/c, own bedroom & bathroom) within a 10 minute walk of the training center
- A guaranteed English teaching job, paid at market rates, immediately after the course
- A welcome pack including a range of ESL teaching & learning goodies
- All materials and equipment
$924 Includes everything for the self-paced course + job placement
- Complete your TEFL course from home while enjoying dozens of instructional and observational videos
- Guaranteed English teaching job secured before arrival to Vietnam
- All materials
- Lesson plans and assignments are reviewed by our teacher training team
What course alumni have to say
Thank you for your wonderful guidelines on how to teach children English. I learned a great deal about all of the important fundamentals. I feel very prepared to teach English to a variety of types of learners. I feel confident in being able to help others to progress in learning English as I have progressed in learning to teach English. I would recommend this program to anyone interested in being a good TEFL teacher in another country or in your own respective country for that matter. Thank you!
The experience was unique because it was something I’d never done before and I wasn’t too sure what I was getting myself into! Therefore this was a good opportunity to learn something new and see if it was for me.
The course was very informative, inspiring and insightful. It stimulated my intellect and shaped my role as an educator. I now have knowledge about classroom management. I gained vast knowledge about learning theories and how to incorporate the elements from different theories into my lesson plan.
Teacher certification blogs
Teaching ESL to Adults vs Teaching ESL to Kids
There are big differences between adults learners and young learners in the ESL classroom. Make sure you understand those differences before you decide which age group you want to teach.
TEFL Teaching in Thailand
Thailand is full of amazing experiences just waiting to be discovered, making it an incredibly popular tourist and teaching destination.
7 Benefits of Earning a TEFL Certificate
There are many obvious as well as not-so-obvious benefits of earning a TEFL certificate before moving abroad to teach. On the fence about starting a TEFL course? Check out some of the most important benefits that a TEFL certificate will give you!