Why Consider Getting a Teaching Job in Shanghai?
Shanghai is a modern, exciting city with the largest expat population in mainland China, as well as an abundance of teaching jobs. Shanghai is also the ideal teaching location for those that are interested in meeting people from all over the world. Living in Shanghai gives you access to western food, clothing, and a strong foreign social scene. The night life is also huge in Shanghai - they have everything from college style bars to upscale clubs, so there’s something for everyone to enjoy!
Shanghai can also be a great place to raise kids. The city offers access to English medium international schools, sports teams/clubs for adults and kids, as well as numerous family friendly activities year around.
There are many teaching opportunities offered in Shanghai, and teaching is a great way to immerse yourself in the Chinese culture. Shanghai schools are constantly in need of teachers, which is perfect if you’re looking to live in a tier 1 city! Teaching in Shanghai provides access to many travel opportunities throughout Asia, as well as many nearby places to explore during your time off.
The Job Opportunities are Endless!
Explore many different job types:
- International & Private Foreign Language Schools
- Public Schools
- ESL Training Schools for Kids or Adults
- Kindergartens & Pre-Schools
Schedule and Start Dates:
K-12 & universities work on the same schedule as western countries with the fall semester/school year starting in late August or early September and the spring semester starting after the Chinese New Year, March, (based on the lunar calendar). For fall positions, we suggest applying 4-8 months in advance and 2-3 months in advance for spring. In addition, China has a huge demand for training schools, which hire new teachers every month! No matter your schedule, we’ll be able to help you find the best teaching opportunities available.
What does Shanghai have to offer?
- Everything can be delivered right to your door
- A variety of convenience stores with hilarious employees
- Tailors that can create anything you want for a fraction of the traditional price
- Brunch is a must
- Shanghai is full of entrenpreneurs
- It's referred to as the 'Paris of the East'
- The Bund tourist tunnel
More Interesting Facts About Shanghai:
- Shanghai is the world’s largest city
- Shanghai has been named the most attractive city for expats
- Shanghai has the longest metro system in the world
- Shanghai has become a cultural melting pot and world finance center